Sometimes you are in an accident or are injured in a situation and you may not be sure what to do or where to go next. Often, you can seek a lawyer about a personal injury claim. The law of personal injury makes it possible for individuals to go to court and receive compensation for the damage caused.
You may think that seeking out a lawyer to file a claim against another person or business is extreme, but in reality, it happens all the time.
What categories does personal injury cover?
Personal injury law can encompass a lot of different incidents or injuries that you may sustain. It can be difficult to know which type of claim you need to file. Personal injury can cover:
- Motor-vehicle accidents: If you are involved in a car, motorcycle or truck accident due to the negligence of another individual, filing a personal injury claim may be able to help.
- Product Liability: Sometimes, products can be dangerous to consumers. In certain cases, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the manufacturer or seller.
- Premises liability: Slipping and falling due to unsafe conditions in an area can constitute a personal injury claim against the property owner.
- Catastrophic injuries: Catastrophic injuries can include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, loss of a limb and more. Often resulting from car crashes or the carelessness or recklessness of others, they can be used as a reason to file a lawsuit.
- Dog bites: A bit from a dog can seem like a minor ordeal, but you can file a personal injury claim against the dog’s owner for any damage the dog may have done.
Sustaining an injury due to the negligence of another individual or party can be traumatic. However, you can find relief in the fact that you may be able to take legal action against the ones who harmed you.