Do you know what to and what not to do after a car accident?
Arizona is among the top 10 states who have the worst drivers, according to a report from USA Today. According to the Arizona Department of Transportation in 2016, there was a car accident approximately every four minutes in Arizona alone. That means there was a total of 126,845 accidents in the year making that an 8.62% increase from 2015.
- DO contact the police.
- DO gather any and all evidence.
- DO take pictures of the scene.
- DO write down the name, address, telephone number, and insurance company of the other vehicle(s) involved.
- DO write down name(s) and telephone number(s) of witnesses
- DO report the accident to your insurance company.
- DO go to the doctor.
- DO keep track of work missed and medical appointments.
- DON'T move vehicle until law enforcement tells you to.
- DON'T put yourself at risk by waiting near safety hazards or traffic
- DON'T assume injuries are minor.
- DON'T let the other vehicle(s) involved drive off.
- DON'T wait to gather witness statements.
- DON'T accept quick settlements from an insurance company.
In the end, make sure to contact the Law Office of Nathan C. Cooley for a free consultation to see if you are entitled to anything.